Lithuanian "Grannys Homemade Waffles"


Lithuanian "Grannys Homemade Waffles"




From when I was a child I remember the happiness I would feel when my granny would prepare me waffles in that old old metal waffle maker. The smell that the entire house would have. And that sweet sweet taste of just made waffles. They all would be gone in just few minutes , because even if I would be full I could not stop eating them!
So now I will tell you how to prepare this delicious treat on your own , so you would feel the same joy and happiness in your heart and that sweet taste in your mouth as I would when I was a little child!




So let's begin!

You will need just few ingredients :
  • 6 eggs
  • 170 grams of butter
  • A glass of sugar
  • A glass of flour
  • And waffle maker ( I am telling you - the best waffles are made with those old waffle makers)

Now let's prepare :

1. The first thing you need to do is melt the butter

Now when it is melted let it cool for 10-15 min
2. Now when the butter is melted pour it into a big bowl


3. Now into the bowl with melted butter put 6 eggs

Now mix butter together with eggs

4. After these two products are mixed together pour a glass of flour into the bowl

And again mix mix mix

Now you will need a lot a lot aaaaaalot of mixing
You have to mix it really really good so that there would't be any pieces of flour.
5. After your batter is ready we can begin to cook!!

Put two spoons of batter into the waffle maker

Close it and let it cook, don't burn it!! ( nobody wants to eat burned waffles....)

When it gets yellowish you can take it out ( if you like a little bit more cooked waffles you can let it stay for few more seconds until it gets more brown)

6. So now when you have a cooked waffle you have to roll it really quick ( DO NOT BURN YOU FINGERS) 
It does get quite hard in few seconds, that is why you need to roll it quick because when it does it becomes crunchy and you will not be able to roll the anymore.

You can roll the in any shape you prefer.
I like this the most because the you can put anything inside
7. Now you have tasty, delicious finger liking waffles!!!! I am telling - they are sooo delicious !!!
They are super duper tasty without anything, but you can experiment and put anything you like inside!

I can give you some ideas : Ice cream, whipped cream, fruits, melted chocolate , sweetened condensed caramelised  milk ( these are my favourite  ) 

Now just enjoy and feel the happiness filling your heart!

❤️❤️❤️












Comments